A series of 8 lessons for people who just want to play.
Playing is the best way to Learn and Create
$200 Tuesdays: 7-9pm September 11 - October 30 (no class on September 25)
firstname.lastname@example.org www.noreenspence.com (250) 635-6938
All materials provided including:
· Three Opus studio canvasses – 16x20, 11x14 and an 8x10
· Golden acrylic paint, collage materials and mediums
· Use of brushes during class time
· Hand constructed sta-wet palette
· Use of an easel during class time
You will finish (or near finish) two, possibly three paintings – that depends on you. :-)
1. Colour – Part 1: Choosing a palette
Basic Brushwork: Different Strokes from the Same Folks
o Learn the “correct” way to hold your brush and why…
o Learn about different brushes and their function/ability – use the right brush for the right task
o Learn about the sta-wet system
o Instead of trying to recreate, Create
o Learn about colour and self expression, colour and relationship
o Learn some basics of colour theory
2. Collage: Basics of colour collage
o Use the basics you learned about colour and apply it to collage, choosing images that match your palette
o Play with movement
o Explore composition
3. Colour – Part 2: Colour mixing – how do we get from here to there?
o Learn how to match the colour in your collaged images, blur the lines between image and paint.
o How do you get “that particular colour”?
4. Texture and Layering
o Play with mediums and materials. Build it up for fun and your general edification. :-)
5. White – Bring back the Light
o Explore different whites and some of their uses
o Highlight. Play with light source.
6. Transparent Paint
o Take the highlights you put in last week and make them sing.
o Explore different transparent paints and learn how to make an opaque paint behave like a transparent.
7. Pulling it all together – Making sense, magic and mystery
o Let’s take all the playing you’ve been doing and begin to pull it into a cohesive painting
8. Finishing up - Where can you go from here?
o Continue/complete the cohesion you began last week.
o Time for closure. Time for questions. Time for opening up new avenues. Time for reflection. Time for celebration. Time for cake. :-)